Monday, October 20, 2008

FRIDAY

Last Friday, I was on my way to playgroup with a cake...not just any cake, a banana sour cream cake. I made it and I was so proud of it. I was bringing it to share with my playgroup moms. It looked scrumptious and I even made cream cheese icing for it...however it totally sank in the middle, and not a "dip" either...a totally huge pit. Oh well, guess I opened the oven one too many times!

As it turns out I did not get to share this cake with anyone else because the cake was in a wreck along with me and Hannah. OK, I guess wreck is too strong of a word... It was a total rear end collision...FOR REAL! Let me explain...
I had just gotten off 64 and I was passing the YMCA on this wet, rainy day. I had been thinking to myself, "What a messy day it is to get in an accident." Me being the obsequious and smart driver that I am, I was totally focused on my driving, the road, and what the morons around me were doing...Then WHAM!! Out of nowhere..that is because I was looking ahead and was oblivious to the car that was apparently on my butt. I had slowed down to approximately 3 mph for the car in front of me to turn when all of the sudden my poor car suffered an impact of no less than 35 mph...probably more.
Now I am a VERY good driver in good conditions, but I am a fabulous, defensive driver in rainy conditions, which were accurate of this day.
By now, those of you who know how I am would think that I panicked. No, no I did not...I pulled my car into the YMCA to check out the damage. Hannah had a big grin on her face and was laughing. The car that hit me pulled in too. I got out in the pouring rain reluctantly and found that they had already called the cop.
To make a long story short, yes, there was damage to my car, Hannah and I are fine...although I have incurred some medical bills for precautionary purposes, and my cake is without damage and I am enjoying a wonderful piece right now!
There was no playgroup that day! I will plan on next Friday...

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow, I'm so glad that you weren't hurt and that it wasn't your fault. Way to be defensive Sarah!

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet wife and mother and a wonderful daughter- I am so glad that that you and Hannah are ok and that the cake was good. I am very proud of you and am glad that you did all of the right things. Maybe since you were not totally stopped and still moving forward was the reason why the 35 mph hit did not affect you as much as it would have if you were totally stopped with your foot on the break. Good job, Sarah! Keep your eyes moving all around for those morons!!! Ha! Momma

Anonymous said...

Life's just full of adventure isn't it...?!?! I'm very thankful that you 2 weren't injured at all and better safe than sorry on those medical issues.