Monday, December 15, 2008

Walmart

Today Hannah and I had errands to do, and one of them was Walmart. I have gotten so I don't really mind going to Walmart, but who knew Asheboro had all these weird people...and 90% of them are shoppers at Walmart.

Before I go in to a story, I got the nicest compliment about Hannah. I was looking at something along with this other lady who was right beside me. Hannah was in the shopping cart waiting patiently for me. All of the sudden the lady said "You have such a well-behaved little girl...My kids used to give me a fit here when I needed to shop". I replied, "Yes, she is wonderful and she has a healthy fear of me. (I think she knows what I will do if she doesn't behave).
I am so glad others take note of Hannah and how obedient she is. I am so proud.

Anyway...on to my story... I was walking out to the car when I noticed this old lady parked right behind me and she appeared to be waiting so she could have my spot. Well, the parking lot was full, but not that full that she could not find a space of her own without holding up traffic to wait on me to pull out.
So I did what any one would do...I took my time and observed, not to mention I couldn't get out anyway. Cars were going around her probably fed up at her for not moving. I was getting my stuff in the car along with Hannah, which takes a while anyway. After I got my stuff in, I took the cart back and noticed she had her window rolled down. I politely told her that there was an open space practically right next to me and if she could take that one instead of holding up traffic for my space. She said okay and moved on.

Sometimes I wonder about people...

No comments: